BNP change its track from government alliance in NA

0%
Awesome

ISLAMABAD, June 17: Balochistan National Party-Mengal (BNP-M) President Sardar Akhtar Mengal has announced to ends its alliance with the PTI-led federal government.

Speaking during a session of the National Assembly, he said the decision to come out of the ruling coalition was made after many meetings of the party’s central executive committee. “The law and order situation is worsening in Balochistan, death squads have been reactivated,” he claimed.

He said despite ending alliance with the PTI. the BNP will stay in Parliament and will keep talking about issues.” Mengal added that the PTI had signed two agreements with the party at the time of government formation after the 2018 elections and later during the presidential elections, but not a single point of the accord was implemented.

“If our demands were illegal and unconstitutional then we are ready to face even death. But then all those who have put their signatures on these accords should also face the same,” he said.
Mengal presented two separate lists of missing persons before the Assembly. One of the lists contained the names of 18 people who have been recovered so far while the other contained the names of nearly 500 people who had gone missing after signing the agreements with the PTI, he said.

He said that the people of the province “were not slaves” and questioned why a Balochistan peace conference could not be convened similar to the conference held for the Afghanistan peace process.

“[The government] is worried about Kashmir more than Balochistan. [The government] is constituting committees on Kashmir which is not with it, but is not worried about losing what it already has. This House can discuss issues of wheat, sugar and tomatoes, but not the blood of the Baloch people.

“The allocations which have been made in the budget for projects in Balochistan shows [the government’s] seriousness. The prime minister has no time to visit the camps of missing persons. He has no time to meet the fishermen facing problems,” he thundered.

“We have simply demanded that the missing persons be recovered and the National Action Plan against terrorism be implemented in letter and spirit. Through the other agreement, we have demanded projects for Balochistan and Gwadar.”

Mengal said that agreements made with the people of the province were “openly violated in the past too”. He also criticised the government for cutting shares of the provinces in the National Finance Commission (NFC).

The BNP chief said that the government, despite “repeated warnings” did not take steps to stop locust attacks. The government has aircraft for chief minister and it can buy F-16s, but there is no aircraft for aerial spray, he added.

He held the federal and Balochistan governments responsible for the spread of Covid-19 in the country by allowing pilgrims from Iran to enter Taftan without making any arrangements. A first information report (FIR) should be registered against whoever is responsible for the deaths in the country due to corona virus,he demanded

About the author

Related